Monday, April 19, 2010

how we look at things

CREATION,that word can stand alone in itself as one of the most amazing things ever done.In our daily life how do we look at creation? I will admit i complain like everyone else,I dont really like bugs or hail,volcanos,or germs, mold or sharks. But everything when looked at from the standpoint of the creator is amazing, even the things i dont like, like polination by bugs,the crystilization of rain into hail,the formation of mountains by building up lava and pressure,the way the blood fights off germs that can harm us,how pennicilan was discovered in mold,or how sharks teeth rotate in. we need to look at life as beautiful always. A friend of mine theresa took this photo of her feet, She has been traeling in the footprints that Jesus walked,Reaping wheat, reaping a deepness her savior is instilling in her heart.And apon looking at her amazing photographs i felt imediate guilt,I look out over wheat feilds daily as brown and ugly, I admit i miss living a more colorful life in many meanings of the world colorful.But Jesus knew how wheat was made right down to its protons and neutrons,he encased it in its bristly hair to protect it from preditors and designed it to flow like waves over the fields. to be a main food of his people,yes he loved us even when he was first inventing wheat. Amazing.yet i take this for granted,even as a baker,a creator myself, I look out and think ugly wheat, Now i can even find sin that needs to be threshed from my soal in that. Now i am not entirely shallow, I notice the wind, Thank God for inventing snot to carry away germs and dust from our bodys,I think feet are beautiful even when they are old and knarled,But i too must learn to look differntly at those things in creation that are beautiful but scairy or misunderstood.Theresa thank you for the pictures, for making me look differntly at wheat,for reminding me to not tread so harshly apon what has been made for us to protect and use wisely. And Lord Thank you for all you have made, I have opened my eyes, and your right, it is Good.

No comments: